If you are leading a team, however, you create a lot more value for the organization when you bring out the best in others. To do that, ask Great Questions.
- What do you need to do your best work?
- What feedback are you not getting from me?
- What skills do you possess that we may not know about?
- What do you care about?
- What’s getting in your way?
- What do you want/need to learn?
- How can I help you succeed?
- Are you Happy? **
**Note: this final question is not arbitrary. This is the engagement question. For more on why, check out this HBR blog post.