Had a conversation with a client who was feeling a bit down this morning. OK, a LOT down — the economy’s nasty, his business is down, his wife may lose her job, his car needs new brakes… you get the picture. Grouse, grouse, grouse. Ick.
When I challenged him to think of 3 positive things about today, he resisted. From a place as low as he was, he found it tough to think upbeat. He plowed on, however, and by the end he came up with ten+ things, and we were laughing together.
With his permission, I’m sharing the list. Keep in mind this comes from a grumpy person <grin>
- I’m above ground. Ok, I guess that any day I’m still above ground and breathing is a good day.
- It’s not winter. I was so sick of last winter, you know?
- It’s another day closer to my vacation. I SO need a vacation.
- My plants need the rain.
- Gas is a lot cheaper than same time last year.
- My Inbox has less than 300 emails in it, which is good for me.
- FedEx arrived on time this morning. Don’t you love that?!
- Water’s running from the tap and electricity’s flowing without interruption, and that’s pretty amazing when you think about it.
- I can go to the grocery store and buy fresh fruit all year round. That’s even more amazing
- My wife and my dog still love me. Even when everybody else is crabby, my dog’s always in a good mood.
- I’m healthy. As long as I have that, I’m good.
What’s positive in your life today?